Thursday, January 28, 2016

Snow Day, Though Small

Our local weather people were forecasting snow for Friday, January 22.  Since moving to Huntsville, Alabama, I have been impressed with the meteorologists on our local NBC channel.  They seem to almost always be spot on whether it is storms, tornadoes, snow, or just the temps.  I wasn't so sure they were going to get it right this time.  The temperature had been in the 50's and we had a lot of rain the night before and even that morning.  I should have known not to doubt this team of weather experts.  At 12:45 pm Friday, it began to snow really heavy with big flakes.  It did seem to be melting though as it hit the wet, soggy ground.  As it continued to snow, we started to see a dusting on the grass and then a little more coverage and a little more.  By dark we had a solid covering of the white stuff!  All in all, we ended up with about 1 1/2 inches.  Now I know to some of you folks reading this, you are laughing.  Ha!  We don't get a lot of snow in the southern United States, so we take whatever we can get.  I will tell you that I have only lived in the northern part of the state for 5 1/2 years and have had more snow (even a couple of large ones) than we ever had in the central area of the state.  I leave you with a few pictures of our small snow.








No comments: