Sunday, January 10, 2016

Once a Year, Really?

I've said it before, I'm not a very good blogger!  I would never make it if I was being paid by sponsors, advertisers, etc.  People who blog on a daily basis either like to write more than I do or have more time than I do.  Every time I post, I say I'm going to do better. Ha!  I won't say it this time and we will see what happens.

On to the subject of cross stitching.  I told my husband a few days ago that I actually finished more cross stitch pieces when I only worked on one at a time.  In my early years of cross stitching, I actually worked on one from start to finish before I started another.  When I started stitching more than one, I finished less.  Kind of frustrating. 

I have a several Christmas pieces (well, really more than several) that I sometimes forget about and don't work on during the year.  Fall rolls around and I remember that I should have been working on this one or that one.  Such is the case with the Hinzeit Crystal Reindeer. If I only do one reindeer a year, we're looking at four years to go and then add a year for Rudolph and a year for the sleigh. Get the picture?  I have made the decision to work on these little guys as much as possible and maybe get them finished by Christmas 2016.  Below is a picture of my current progress.  Forgive the wrinkles! No need to iron it and wrinkle it as soon as I pick it up again.  I usually work in hand and keep the left end rolled while I'm working. 

Wish me luck getting these little guys finished!





Layne
Alabama Cross Stitcher


No comments: